One Wish Lottery (North East Hospice Lottery) Terms & Conditions
All profits from One Wish Lottery go directly towards funding the care service, which offers support to patients in Butterwick Hospice, St Benedict’s Hospice, St Cuthbert’s Hospice and St Teresa’s Hospice.
- New members will be sent a unique draw number.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £2 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. The draw will normally take place each Friday. Monthly subscriptions of £8.68 include 68p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
- Prize winners are notified by post within one week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published in each of the hospices and their shops and on our website. They are also available from the Lottery Office.
- The regular payment facility can be by Direct Debit, Standing Order, Credit/Debit Card or Cheque. Standing Order and Direct Debits mandates are available from the Lottery Office. Your written authority is required to set up a regular payment using your credit/debit card. Card payments are debited from member’s accounts on the same day each month.
- We promise to comply with all data protection act requirements and protect your personal data as well as storing securely bank information. Members credit/debit card data information is destroyed after receipt of each payment. It would be appreciated by members that One Wish Lottery can not accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time although those received after 09.00 hrs on a Thursday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. If you pay by standing order/direct debit or regular credit/debit card payment then you must cancel in writing. For card payment cancellations you must provide us with your original card details. Please contact the Lottery Office for further assistance.
- Where members cancel in credit, we will, subject to clause six, refund your full entitlement at the time of cancellation. This will be sent to the named member by cheque within seven working days or for credit card payers, refunded to your credit card account within the same period.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Lottery Manager within seven days. The decision of the Lottery Manager will be final.
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from One Wish Lottery or any One Wish Lottery one off prize draws may be submitted in writing, emailed or telephoned to the Lottery Office or completed via our website. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of six months from the date of exclusion. Gamcare is the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers, find information on their website www.gamcare.org.uk Further support can also be found on the gambleaware website www.gambleaware.co.uk
- The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that One Wish Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are 16 years or over, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play One Wish Lottery. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in the Lottery. One Wish Lottery will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. This will be the The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) at www.ibas-uk.com
- One Wish Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) which on behalf of their members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling. The HLA website www.hospicelotteries.co.uk has a page dedicated to the Responsible Gambling Trust and also to GAMCARE.
- One Wish Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
One Wish Lottery
Stockton on Tees,
Tel: 01325 288484
Registered Company No. 3540674
Promoter: Mrs Dawn Watson, Lottery Manager
One Wish Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission